Dr. R. Saravanane
Pondicherry Engineering College
Department of Civil Engineering
Expert Lecture – Presentations
1. R. Saravanane, Environmental Risk Assessment and Case study, Presented for Short-term Course on ‘Environmental Impact Assessment’, for Tamilnadu Pollution Control Board (TNPCB) at IIT Madras, Chennai, India, 16-20, July, 2007.
3. R. Saravanane, Introduction to Environmental Sanitation and its Socio economic Well Being, Presented for ‘Capacity Building Programme on Community Managed Sanitation and Solid Waste Management’ organised by TWAD Board Chennai, India, 8 – 13 October, 2007.
4. R. Saravanane, Expert Lecture for Workshop on Cleaner Production Applications in Chemical and Pharmaceutical Industries, oraganised by Cleaner Production Cell, Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board (APPCB), Hyderabad, India, 18 th July 2008.
5. R. Saravanane, Expert Lecture for Workshop on Pollution Abatement through Science and Technology oraganised by Rajeev Gandhi College of Engineering and Technology, Pondicherry , India, 26 th May 2008
6. R. Saravanane, Special Lecture on “CO2 – KICK THE HABIT” for the celebration of World Environment Day, oraganised by Institution of Engineers (India) and Engineers and Scientists Association, Neyveli Lignite Corporation Ltd, NLC, Neyveli, India, 19 th June 2008.
7. R. Saravanane, Expert lecture on “Research and Teaching Methodology- Environmental Engineering”, 20th Sep. to 1st Oct. 2008, at Ecole Supérieure d'Ingénieurs de Poitiers (ESIP), University of Poitiers, Poitiers, France.
8. R. Saravanane, Expert Technical lecture on “KICK THE CO2 HABIT” for celebration of “Environment Month”, 18 th December 2008, Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL), Salem Steel Plant, Tamilnadu, India.
9. R. Saravanane, Expert Technical discussion on “Engineering and Environmental Issues on feasibility of secondary sewage effluent to offshore algal growth”, International workshop on Wind, Sea Algae–Offshore cultivation of algae for biodiesel production, 20 - 22 April 2009, Lolland, Copenhagen, Denmark.
10. R. Saravanane, Guest Lecture on, “Environmental Engineering and Sustainable Development – An Overview”, 30 th April, 2009, Manakula Vinayakar Institute of Technology, Puducherry, India.
11. R. Saravanane, Special Lecture on “Eco-friendly algae for Environmental Management” oraganised by Institution of Engineers (India) and Engineers & Scientists Association, 30 th September 2009, Neyveli Lignite Corporation Ltd, NLC, Neyveli, Tamilnadu, India.
12. R. Saravanane (2011) Assessment of optimum dilution ratio and microbial consortium for Biohydrogen production by anaerobic co-digestion of press mud with sewage and water- A comparative study, Presented at World Congress on Biotechnology, (OMICS Publishing group, USA), March, 21-23,2011 Hyderabad, India.
13. R.Saravanane (2013), An Overview of Wastewater treatment Methods, Advanced Tools for Wastewater Treatment (AtWat), New INDIGO Networking Pilot Programme on Water Related Research, (EU- India Networking Project) on water related challenges, (www.newindigo-atwat.com), 28- 29, January 2013, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Tiruchirapalli, India.
14. R. Saravanane, Special Lecture Programme on “Road map to Green Buildings” organised by The Institution of Engineers (India) and Engineers & Scientists Association, Neyveli, Tamilnadu, India on 9th March 2012.
15. R. Saravanane, Chief Guest in CUICK’12, National Level Technical Symposium by Department of Civil Engineering, 13th March 2012, Arunai Engineering College, Tiruvannamalai, Tamilnadu, India on.
16. R. Saravanane (2013) Wastewater Treatment By Membrane Bioreactor: Experience and Challenges, National workshop (AICTE) on “Wastewater treatment by using Membrane bioreactor” 18 th October, 2013, Mailam Engineering College, Tamilnadu, India.
17. R. Saravanane (2013) Wastewater Treatment – Indian Experience, presented at TEQIP sponsored Short term Training Programme, on Advances in Chemical, Biochemical and Environmental Engineering, 2- 6 December, 2013, Department of Chemical Engineering, Pondicherry Engineering College, Pondicherry, India.
18. R. Saravanane (2013) One day workshop on “Environmental Research Programme for Sustainable Development”, conducted by National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research (NITTTR), 27 th July 2013, Chennai, India19. R. Saravanane (2013) Wastewater Treatment Practice in India – Research, Experience & Challenges, presented at the research group BIOMATH, Department of Mathematical Modelling, Statistics and Bioinformatics, Ghent University, Belgium from September 28th 2013 to October 3rd 2013 in the framework of the running project, “Advanced modeling, control and decision support tools for flexible and optimal wastewater treatment plant (www.newindigo-atwat.com)”.
Pondicherry Engineering College Link Copyright @ R. Saravanane